Total Pageviews

Friday, September 7, 2012

Coolest car ever? Vintage Siku Alfa Montreal.

Yes, its been far too long since I updated this blog...

And no, I probably wouldn't have even today, if not for the arrival of possibly the coolest toy car I've ever seen.  It was an ebay purchase of roughly $6.00 (inclusive of shipping - and expensive for me on a per car basis), but I'm ultra impressed by the car.  Definitely a case of paying a little extra to buy what you want... 

The photos of it make it look to be in rougher condition than it looks in the metal. 

But the lines on this car are so sleek, and everything about the car feels like quality.  Note the upturned angle on the end of the opening doors. 

My only complaint about it is that Siku painted the doors a different color than the rest of the car (which they also did on my similar era Ford GT40 - I wonder if they did it to all the cars with opening doors in order to highlight the feature?). 

This is one car that I won't be getting rid of any time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment